Thursday, July 5, 2012

Zany

James with his cat-brother and dog-sister - they make a good team don't they

A little update on Zany - some of you know that Zany has a cat disease called FIP - terminal with no known treatment.  The timeline they gave us was somewhere between 1 month and 6 months.  He has lost 1lb 2 ounces in the last 2 weeks (which at 8lbs now has him down to skin, bones and big heart).  The vet says that the decline is not painful and we see that he is amazingly spry - very loving still and appears quite happy so we are feeling extremely lucky and grateful for that.

After 11 years of him sleeping every night on my left shoulder I'm not quite sure what I'll do without him.  But for now he is still there every night, even waiting patiently if I get up to attend to Ty in the wee hours, he always has a purr to welcome me back to bed.  What would life be without such friends as these?  Thinking of losing Zany makes me also think of the other wonderful animals that have graced my life...Cloud, Chaos, Hessie, Tinish, Ishi, Annie, Puck, Trumpkin, Luke and Leia - what a gift to have shared my life with these priceless friends.  I don't think there has ever been a person luckier then me.

2 comments:

  1. So true! And we will always be bonded by our love of animals, and now our love of our kiddos. Thinking of you and hoping that Zany stays untroubled, for however long he is around. Enjoying your blog. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about Zany, but glad to hear he's not in any pain and is still acting himself. We've only had Mr Mewton three years, but giving him hospice care with a similar timeline as Zany's is really hard. Going to bed without Mr Mewton, when he was in the hospital, was so weird! It's hard to imagine never having him snuggling in bed with us again.

    We have been so blessed to have these amazing animals in our lives, but it doesn't make saying goodbye any easier!

    ReplyDelete